Lightroom in a Day
One Day Course, Sat July 8th 2017 10.00 am - 4.30 pm
Course Fee $279
Courses held at Nick's training room, 28b Lilly Street, South Fremantle
Enrolments, please email Nick on email@example.com or phone Nick on 0418 912156
Lightroom 6 is one of the most intuitive programs for photographers to (i) import captured images, (ii) set up a Data Asset Management workflow (no more lost images), (iii) work on RAW and other image files to undertake global and local enhancements and (iv) export files for final adjustments (if required) into Photoshop. This Workshop will release the awesome power of this amazing program and you will probably find you are spending less time in Photoshop as a result. The Workshop will focus mainly on the Develop and Library modules in Lightroom as photographers will be concentrating most of their time on these.
This seminar is suitable for photographers who wish to ‘start from scratch’ and quickly reach a working proficiency in Lightroom. Comprehensive handouts will be provided for reference during the course and for revision afterwards.
As this is a small group (3-6 participants), hands-on workshop (you can bring your laptop), you will receive very personal tuition to ensure you maximise your learning outcomes.
- What Lightroom does and how it complements Photoshop
- Understanding how to set up a Pro workflow in the field and at home with Lightroom
- The Lightroom interface and four main modules
- Setting up Lightroom and useful keyboard shortcuts
- Importing images from the camera and the advantages of DNG RAW files
- How to export images for maximum flexibility
- Introduction to a Digital Asset Management system to manage files. The power of using keywords
- Collections for convenience
- The Develop module with its vast number of tools for RAW image adjustments.
- Creating virtual copies for a myriad of image styles. Using presets.
- Lens corrections to magically correct distortions
- Understanding and using the powerful tools for local and global image changes including
the gradient tool, adjustment brush, Radial Tool and post crop vignetting.
- The useful clone, heal and Targeted Adjustment Tools
- New HDR and Panorama techniques in Lightroom 6
- Using Lightroom for stunning black and white and toned images
- Hand tinting effects
- Techniques for powerful landscapes
- Techniques for striking portraits
- Noise reduction and sharpening an image
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment. Ph: 0418 912156